Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Blog Format

As you can see, I have moved the Board President's blog to a new host. The blogging service offered by Google (blogger.com) provides greater functionality than the district's site. For example, blogger offers the ability for readers to "follow" my postings and keep up with discussions. It also is more flexible for posting comments.

I hope that this site will provide a forum for a cross section of our community to participate in discussions on the budget and other important subjects throughout the course of the year. As I have said repeatedly, we will only get through the next couple of years if we stick together and collecting feedback is part of that. Please let me know your thoughts on any of the subjects posted here or anything of importance to the Berryessa School District.

I will get back to discussing the budget next week. Please consider attending one of our budget hearings. The first will be held on Feb. 11 at Morrill Middle School. Three more will occur on Feb. 22, 24, and 25. See the district calendar for details.

1 comment:

Robert Wright said...

I think it would be good idea if the district transferred all of their web and email functions to Google.

It would be a cost savings and it would be a great deal more efficient.